Thursday, July 10, 2008

A pincushion dolly to share with you!

Are you a pincushion fan like I am? One day, whilst I was surfing the web, catching some free patterns (LOL, that sounded funny in my head!), I found one for this darling pincushion/bust doll, and had to make one. Only thing is, I downsized the pattern to use one of the heads I'd already had made...I love making heads, so have several waiting for just the right body to come along and snatch it up...excess body parts abound in my studio as sometimes the head for a project just doesn't match the body, 'know what I mean?
Anyway, this is the site to find the pattern on: http://glitteringdolls.tripod.com/Glittertowndollys/id15.htm
The pattern prints out as two pages...I shrank mine down to fit on one page (my printer has a "booklet printing" mode) and the head pattern was just about the same size as my favorite PMC head pattern...so whallah! It made up in a snap, and several friends have commented on how they'd love one for Christmas...I'm thinking I may be using up my spare heads...don't you just love it?
Off to nap...cooked for the Seniors with mom all morning and the kitchen was 80+ degrees when I left! Yikes, but the heat gets me.....zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
~Kat~
>^..^<

3 comments:

Karen Mallory said...

What a fabulous pincushion! I love your faces. I have chosen your blog for an award. Come by my blog to pick it up!
hugs Karen
http://karensdollsandstuff.blogspot.com/

Clothmatters said...

Kat- Your pincushion is beautiful. And I agree with Karen- I love your face. Well done.
Connie

Designs by Kat Lees said...

Hello Kat another Kat here, Kat Lees that is, I don't know where to begin, your site is fantastic, I love your faces and every doll and item on here is excellent. Great works of art and very interesting to say the least.
Hugs, Kat Lees