Thursday, March 12, 2009

A new purse...with a bit of doll jewelry...

I love making bags...purses, totes, any and all of the above. Back when I was working at the quilt shop, I had a bag a month class I called "Express your Purse-onality". Well, the MS toll put a nix on my working in the summer heat, so I haven't been teaching either...the economy helped a bit with that too, but then I think we all know all too well how that goes!?
Anyway, I still love to make bags and I just wanted to share the one I just finished. Fat quarter friendly -and- quick and easy to make. The pattern is called "Wallet and Grommet". I've not done the wallet to go with, yet, but it is cut out and waiting for me to get back to. Here's a pic the purse with a few of the pin dolls I've been making added on for just a touch of whimsy (body parts charms are from 'artgirlz'...I LOVE their stuff!)

I did change out the bag pattern a bit...seams I can't do anyone's pattern without changing something :O) I added pockets to the outside that were just supposed to be part of the design element. And pockets on the inside for the organizer in me. Off to sew some more...have a sew crafty day dear friends!

Hugs,

~Kat~

4 comments:

Carla said...

Very pretty!! Love those charms too.

Paulette said...

OK! I guess I need that pattern!Too cute Kat
Hugs,

Kreatively - Kat! said...

Thank you sew much!
:O)
~Kat~

Nita Butler said...

OMG...love the bag! I love the design and the fabrics you used!!!
Great job!

Love,
Nita